Shoot Straight is a family of shooting sports retail stores and shooting ranges located throughout the state of Florida. Since 1979, we’ve specialized in helping our customers understand and purchase firearms for hunting, home defense, shotgun sports, target shooting, and much more.
Our staff members take pride in providing superior customer service, in their command of the products used in the shooting sports, and their applications. We are a team of dedicated professionals in our industry, who have a passion for what the shooting sports represent to the country, for the products we sell, and for serving our customers.
Providing a superior level of service requires exceptional people, and you could be just who we’re looking for. With nine locations throughout Florida, and new aspects of our operation being added all the time, there’s more opportunity than ever before in our stores.
The store manager is responsible for all aspects of a store’s operation.
The store manager spends most of their time on the sales floor contributing to the growth and development of their staff through perpetual teaching, coaching, and sales management. The store manager ensures that all customers are being serviced quickly and efficiently, detects and corrects mistakes before they become problems, and constantly teaches the staff how to improve the overall service of the store.
Store managers are a driving force behind all sales, make deals with customers, and may alter pricing or offer incentives as necessary to close sales and/or buy used firearms from customers.
Store managers are also responsible for facility management, paperwork, receiving, dispositioning, and book keeping. Store managers hire, discipline, and terminate employees.
- ‘Sign off’ on 4473s with absolute proficiency
- Give special prices for gun sales and values for trade guns
- Approve shift swaps
- Conduct performance reviews with all team members quarterly
- Continuously oversee the responsibilities assigned to receiving clerk(s)
- Continuously oversee the responsibilities assigned to the store administrator
- Continuously oversee the responsibilities assigned to the shadow team
- Handle disciplinary matters including write ups, improvement plans, and terminations
- Ensure compliance with ‘Retail Store Checklist’
- Ensure a successful approach to risk management; appropriately handle employee
records, customer records, accident reports, medical information, sensitive matters, and
- Teach and coach all staff on a regular basis under all circumstances
- Display discipline by doing ‘dirty work’ when no one wants to
- Display an extraordinary commitment to building relationships with customers and
- Display integrity by correcting others in a positive and tactful manner when issues are
- Stand out above peers at all aspects of job performance and makes sacrifices for the
good of all
- Duplicate own excellent capabilities and skillset via continuous leadership and teaching
- Presence at inventories, sales, gun show pickups, or other special circumstances as
- Resolves customer disputes and handles moments of truth to develop customer loyalty
- Appropriately manages workflow to focus majority of time on urgent & important tasks
- Manages inbox and comments e-mails daily
- Routinely monitors Slack and other electronic communications when working
- Works no fewer than 45 hours weekly and/or 90 hours per pay period.
Shoot Straight Managers Enjoy: